Mixer to USB Audio

tacticalrainfores

Gear owned
Model12
Simple question,
i have the model twelve which I will be mixing through the audio analog inputs. I want to be able to put effetcs, use the preamp and also use the 1-10 physical faders to mix one output audio stream to my macbook for broadcasting on obs.. Ive got it to work but it bypasses everything and I am only able to work the gain controles which effects the output usb audio. Ive fiddled witht eh menu mixer settings on the pre comp/pre comp/and post eq but it doesnt change my output.

On top of this, if it was possible to multitrack record onto the sd card all the inputs with or without any adjustments that would be great while outputting the main stream to the mac as well..

Any of these possible?

@tacticalrainfores, welcome to the forum.
The Model 12 is a FOH mixer, multitrack recorder, audio/MIDI interface and DAW controller; the later operating mode has some limitation in that it takes advantage of only a few controls on the desk. All the functionalities are described in the user manual and additional documents available on the Tascam official web site; there is also a sticky threads collection at the top of this forum that you may want to read, and plenty of video tutorials on Youtube.

Reactions: Mark Richards
Thank you, I have sifted through the videos and tutorials, none of which really helps me understand how to do what I am looking for.. Any pointers?

The following playlists should help you start and build a solid foundation, but don't expect any instant knowledge magic because the Model 12 is a more complex device than it seems at first glance. I would suggest spending some time watching
these videos with the owner's manual at your side:

After watching 70% of the videos on the mentioned playlists all weekend, they did help extend my knowledge to the mixer on some terminology, but I couldn't get it to live mix all the channels to usb.I ended up going into the menus under system>usb audio>selecting MIX. Bingo, all the tracks including the faders, compression and post processing was mixed down to two channels L and R.. I have left this here for anyone looking for similar resources

• Love
Reactions: -mjk- and Max Relic

New threads

Members online

No members online now.