TASCAM Mixcast 4 - Power Problem During Startup

Pierre_loti

Gear owned
Tascam Mixcast 4
Hi,

I’ve been experiencing an issue with my Tascam Mixcast 4 that prevents it from turning on properly. It’s impossible to power it on normally, at once. I can only turn it on sporadically, after holding the power button for a long time or pressing it repeatedly too many times, often after a random amount of time. It’s like an old machine that needs to be warmed up to work... I don’t experience any issues with the button when turning the device off. So the problem is not with the button itself. Also, if the device is left on for a while and then I turn it off, it becomes easier to turn it on again, with only one time pressing.

My firmware is up to date; version 1.31 0156 is installed. There are multiple devices plugged into the same power outlet as the device, and all of them are working flawlessly. The device’s power connection is secure.

I’d appreciate any help resolving this frustrating issue.

@Pierre_loti, in the four years since introduction of the Mixcast 4, we've had less than 5 threads on this podcast product. So it appears few if any on this site would be familiar with the Mixcast 4.

It’s impossible to power it on normally...There are multiple devices plugged into the same power outlet as the device...
Try connecting the unit to its own separate power source. If the problem persists, then you should probably contact TASCAM Support through the TASCAM website.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pierre_loti
Thank you for the reply, Mark. It has been working flawlessly for more than 1 year. Having the mixer is awesome. I just need to figure out why that issue happened.

I will definitely give your suggestion a try. I hope it solves the problem.

Thanks again for the reply.

Reactions: Mark Richards

New threads

Members online

No members online now.